About Volunteering with AWaH
Among the children who come to Art With a Heart, many experience shortage of food, money and other basic necessities. More importantly, they may not appreciate their true potential. A positive experience with a volunteer in one of our programs can change that.
Our ability to serve children is directly dependent upon our many wonderful volunteers. We offer a variety of ways to serve. Whether you assist a teacher in an art class or summer camp, serve on a board or committee, or simply help in our office, your time spent with Art With a Heart will be deeply gratifying and very much appreciated.
Get involved with Art With a Heart!
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Creative Classroom Connections:
Volunteer with us this school year! Opportunities are available NOW for our Creative Classroom Connections program. Join Art With a Heart in providing high quality art experiences in multiple sites around Indy. Programming begins the week of September 11. No art experience necessary; bring your heart for kids and your smiling face and we will train you on everything else! Email Mica at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Sites and times are listed below.
- IPS #2: Wednesdays from 9:20-10:40 (6 volunteers needed)
- IPS #51: Wednesdays from 2:00-3:30 (6 volunteers needed)
- IPS #56: Wednesdays from 1:30-3:00 (9 volunteers needed)
- IPS #67: Thursdays from 2:00-3:30 (12 volunteers needed)
- IPS #84: Thursdays from 2:00-3:30 (6 volunteers needed)
- IPS #96: Wednesdays from 1:00-2:30 (6 volunteers needed)
- IPS # 105: Wednesdays from 8:30-10:00 (9 volunteers needed)
- St Philip Neri Catholic School: Thursdays from 9:30-11:20 (3 volunteers needed)
After School Programs
- Help Art With a Heart provide programming at various sites after school this fall! We need volunteers to assist teachers in setup, project work, and clean up. No art experience is necessary, just a happy attitude and a love for kids! Email Mica at email@example.com with any questions. Sites and times are listed below.
- Westminster Center: Wednesdays from 4:45-6:15 (2 volunteers needed)
- Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center: Wednesdays from 3:45-5:15 (3 volunteers needed)
We need volunteers for the Feast of Lanterns Festival on August 26th from 3pm – 9:30 pm at Spades Park. We need shifts filled from 3-5 pm ; 5-7 pm; 8-9:30 pm. It will be a really fun event! Here is the website with more information: https://indyfol.org/
Email Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this opportunity.
Host a Hearts on Display exhibit of student art:
- At home, at work or in our studio. This is an exhibit of original and reproduction student art that raises awareness of Art With a Heart and illustrates the remarkable work that students produce in our programs. It’s a fun event where we invite people to come and learn more about our work and understand the particular niche that Art With a Heart occupies in the art education landscape. Contact Andrew Lee at email@example.com or (317) 966-6920 for more information.